Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chiang Mai

Clemens is sick with a cold so we are taking it slow today. We slept in and had a slow breakast. Then at 1pm decided to go for a massage. So for six dollars we had a one hour massage that started with tea and a foot scrub and included fun silk pajamas to wear and another tea at the end. It was nice and relaxing. Also today Clemens got his suit fitted and he looks really good in it. We are also going to get one in Bangkok in December.
The best part of the day was the walking market. It is just on Sunday night and the main road in town closes down to just vendors and walkers. It is seriously packed solid with people and stretches for ages. I went through most of it without stopping much and it took three hours. Oh, and for dinner which costs only 50 cents tops, I ate fried sticky rice, chocolate ice cream on a stick, and crickets! The crickets were so tasty just like I hoped. They tasted like oily fried crunchyness. That's all. I liked them and wanted more, but we were already past. There were also lots of worms and grasshoppers etc to eat.
So now I am lying in bed, the last night in Chiang Mai, unable to use my overused ear plugs and hoping the neighbors will stop talking much less all the traffic noise. Tomorrow we pick up the final suit and then head into the mountain town of Pai. That will be nice. We plan to ride and elephant and take a two day rafting trip to our next town for three days of trekking and village stays.

1 comment:

  1. CLEMENS - Make sure you weigh yourself before you have a suit fitted. I lost a lot of weight in India, ended up getting too tight a fit. Maybe not as much a problem for you, but keep that in mind (maybe have it fitted a bit loose).

    - db

    ReplyDelete