
We headed to south Vietnam on November 1st to meet up with my Dad and stepmom in Ho Chi Minh City aka Saigon. It was great to have time with my family. We just walked around the city, talked and ate. It was relaxing and fun. One of the best parts was the cheese that Dad and Kay bought.We were in a fancy western food store and they had a cheese counter to rival, well, QFC. We have not had cheese since Singapore, and when Dad saw my mouth watering he bought me some. It's really nice to have parents around sometimes.
Now we are in Hoi An and the river is almost up to the floor in our hotel. The town is not flooded, but some streets are cut off unless you want to wade to dinner. The specialty here is tailored clothes. They all look so nice and I really want a custom winter coat for when I get back to Germany, but I also don't want to carry it around for another month. Oh well, maybe in Bangkok.
Tomorrow we head to Hue and then onto Hanoi and Halong Bay. I think it is a rule in Vietnam to start all tourist destinations with an H.
No comments:
Post a Comment